Turn your PBC into a restaurant quality grill surface with GrillGrates for the perfect sear, flavor, and juiciness without the added stress of battling flare-ups. Works with both the 18.5″ Classic Pit Barrel® Cooker and the Pit Barrel Junior!
Get the perfect sear, flavor, and juiciness without the added stress of battling flare-ups, and turn your PBC into a restaurant quality grill surface with GrillGrates. Constructed from hard anodized aluminum. Includes Use and Care Guide. Made in the USA.
- Amplifies the Heat. Cast Aluminum Hard Anodized GrillGrates act like a lens on top of any heat source. Our custom grill grates magnify and focus the grill’s heat converting it to infrared heat.
- Flare-Up Protection from the Bottom Plate. The underside and hole pattern of GrillGrates blocks flare-ups from engulfing food preventing charring and drying out.
- Conducts Heat More Efficiently. Our custom grill grates are made from hard anodized aluminum, which conducts heat more efficiently than cast iron or stainless steel.
- The Valleys Vaporize Drippings. Juices and drippings fall into the hot valleys where they sizzle and vaporize into flavor and retained moisture. The valleys of GrillGrates are a flavor enhancing system.
- Perfect Sear Marks. Cast aluminum hard anodized GrillGrates conduct and focus heat up the raised rails for steakhouse quality searing. Sear marks can be controlled from golden brown to dark, crispy and flavorful.
While this will become unnecessary as your GrillGrate seasons with use, for the first couple of cooks, apply grill spray or canola oil (NOT Olive Oil) sparingly on the rails just before grilling. Avoid over cleaning in the beginning, allowing the grate to season and become non-stick.
Hot Tip: For the first few cooks, the fattier the meat, the better to “break in” the surface.
While it is warming up in your Pit Barrel Cooker, wipe (don’t scrub) the GrillGrate with a standard grill brush or pad. A couple times a year, give it a soak in hot soapy water and scrub with a sponge or brillo pad.
The proper use and care will ensure that your GrillGrate and PBC have a long-lasting, flavorful relationship.
• NO Olive Oil
• MAX Temp: 850F/454C
• NO Dishwasher
• NO Oven Cleaner