Take this recipe to the next level!
Use these must-have accessories to get a perfect cook, every time! For this recipe, the following
items are recommended to take your cookout to the next level.
Print This Recipe
Cook Time: 12-15 Mins | Desired Temp: 165º
*Cook times may vary
- 1-10 Hamburger patties, about 1” thick
- PBC Beef & Game Pit Rub
- Choice of cheese slices (optional)
- Bacon slices (optional)
- 1-10 Hamburger buns
- Light your Pit Barrel® Cooker (PBC) according to the instructions.
- Using your thumb, put an indentation in the center of each hamburger patty, then season with a moderate dusting of the Beef & Game Pit Rub.
Install the grill grate in the PBC, arrange the burgers on the grate (and bacon slices, if desired), leaving space between each. Leave the lid off. Tip: Using tongs and a paper towel, apply a coat of olive oil to grill grate prior to cooking to prevent sticking.
- Cook burgers for 6-7 minutes, flip, then continue cooking for another 6-7 minutes, or until the burgers reach desired doneness (minimum internal temperature of 165º). Tip: To help nail the perfect temperature each time we recommend the outstanding thermometers from ThermoWorks. Optional: Top with cheese during the last two minutes of cooking. If cooking bacon, cook slices alongside burger patties for 6-8 minutes per side until reaching desired crispness.
- Remove the burgers from the cooker and tent loosely with foil.
- Toast the buns on the grill grate for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with choice of toppings, and enjoy!