Flatiron / Flank Steak
Take this recipe to the next level!
Use these must-have accessories to get a perfect cook, every time! For this recipe, the following
items are recommended to take your cookout to the next level.
Print This Recipe
Cook Time: 25-30 Mins | Desired Temp: 125º
*Cook times may vary
- 1-8 2-4lb. Beef Flatiron or Flank Steak(s)
- PBC Beef & Game Pit Rub
- Light your Pit Barrel® Cooker (PBC) according to the instructions.
- Remove the steak(s) from the package, let rest until room temperature, and coat all sides liberally with the Beef & Game Pit Rub.
- Place one hook through the center of the wide end of each steak, about 2-3 inches from the end.
- Hang the steak(s) from the rods in the PBC, leaving space between each, and secure the lid.
- Cook approximately 25-30 minutes, or until the center of the thickest part of each steak reaches the appropriate internal temperature for your desired doneness (125º for medium-rare). Tip: To help nail the perfect temperature each time we recommend the outstanding thermometers from ThermoWorks.
- Remove the steak(s) from the PBC, and the hooks from the steaks. Lightly tent with foil and let rest 10-15 minutes.
- Slice thin across the grain, serve and enjoy!