Shrimp and Goat Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
“Smoking is the new grilling.” With these words, the man who revolutionized modern American grilling takes on a new challenge: Steven Raichlen’s Project Smoke. Watch the trailer and try the recipes made exclusively for the Pit Barrel®® Cooker!
Print This Recipe
Cook Time: 30-40 Mins* | Desired Temp: 125º
*Cook times may vary
- 12 large jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz soft goat cheese, at room temperature
- 2 scallions, trimmed and minced
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 medium to large cooked shrimp, peeled and diced
- 12 strips thin-cut bacon, halved crosswise for 24 pieces
- Light your Pit Barrel® Cooker (PBC) according to the instructions.
- Slice each jalapeno lengthwise through the stem. Using a small teaspoon or melon baller, remove the seeds and the ribs from each pepper half. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, scallions, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt and pepper to taste. Fold in the diced shrimp.
- Mound the filling in the jalapeno halves and wrap each with a strip of bacon. Secure the bacon with toothpicks.
- Arrange the poppers on the grill grate and grill until the filling is bubbling, the peppers are tender, and the bacon is crisp, about 25 minutes.
- Serve at once and enjoy! (Remind your guests to remove the toothpicks before eating.)