Smokehouse Jamaican Jerk Back Ribs
Take this recipe to the next level!
Use these must-have accessories to get a perfect cook, every time! For this recipe, the following
items are recommended to take your cookout to the next level.
Print This Recipe
Serves: 9 people 1/3 rack each | Desired Temp: 160º
- 3 racks Baby back ribs, membrane removed
- ¾ cup Pit Barrel® All-Purpose Pit Rub, or your favorite rib rub
- 1 cup Walkers Woods Jerk Seasoning or your favorite
- 1-2 cups Jerk BBQ sauce, as needed, or your favorite sauce
Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs. Rub well with Pit Barrel® All-Purpose Pit Rub. Cut the ribs into 3rds so you have a total of 9 pieces of ribs. Add 3 rib portions into a large zip-top bag and repeat the process with the other ribs for a total of 3 bags. Divide the jerk seasoning between the 3 bags and mix well. You may add some rum or wine to the bag to loosen up the jerk seasoning. Seal the bag and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for about 2-4 hours or overnight.
- Light your Pit Barrel® Cooker according to the instructions and insert the rods.
- Remove ribs from the bag and insert a hook into the top part of each rib going about 2 to 3 bones down Transfer ribs and hook each one on the rod making sure they have enough room to breathe. Smoke with lid on for about 2 to 3 hours. Check the ribs every hours to make sure they are perfect when there done.
- After the second hour remove each rib using the safety hook remover and baste them using a grill brush with the jerk bbq sauce. Continue cooking until ribs are nice and tender and cooked through.
- Remove each rib hook using the hook remover tool and lay on a cutting board before serving. You can cut each rib bone or leave the 1/3 rack intact. Serve right away.