Take this recipe to the next level!
Use these must-have accessories to get a perfect cook, every time! For this recipe, the following
items are recommended to take your cookout to the next level.
Print This Recipe
Cook Time: 10-15 Mins* | Desired Temp: 160º
*Cook times may vary
- 1 ½ lbs Ground chuck, 6 ounce patties
- 3 large Garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 Tbsp (or to taste) Pit Barrel® All-Purpose Pit Rub, or your favorite seasoning blend
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Hickory liquid smoke
- 4 slices Cherry-smoked bacon, cooked
- 2 slices or 1 oz Provolone cheese, or use your favorite cheese
- ½ cup Red onion, sliced and lightly sautéed
- ½ cup Portabella mushrooms, sliced and lightly sautéed
- 2 Kaiser rolls, or you favorite hamburger bun
Note: Serve your burger on a kaiser roll with your favorite fixings. Suggested fixings: Mayo, mustard, spring mix, roma tomato slices, and pickle spears.
Using a medium size bowl add the ground chuck. Mix in the steak seasoning, garlic, liquid smoke, and Worcestershire sauce. Make sure all is mixed well and set aside.
Using a small skillet add 2 teaspoons of butter. When hot add the onion and mushroom and lightly sauté for about 1 to 2 minutes. After 30 seconds add a few dashes of the Worcestershire sauce to the mix. Set to the side and wait for assembly of the burgers.
Divide the ground meat into 4 balls. Using a hamburger press, press each burger to a perfect round. Divide the onion/mushroom mixture among two of the burger patties. Fold the cheese so it fits nicely right in the center of the patty. Top each patty of with the other patty and carefully mold them together into one solid burger patty.
Add the burgers to the grill and allow cooking on both sides for about 4 to 5 minutes depending on desired doneness. You can cut into it after about 6 minutes to check doneness. Remove from the grill and allow resting for 2 minutes so the juices can settle.