Take this recipe to the next level!
Use these must-have accessories to get a perfect cook, every time! For this recipe, the following
items are recommended to take your cookout to the next level.
Print This Recipe
Cook Time: 10-15 Minutes
*Cook times may vary
- 10-12 Baby portabello mushrooms
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- ½ cup Sliced scallions
- 8 oz. Cream cheese, softened
- Olive oil
- Light your Pit Barrel® Cooker (PBC) according to the instructions.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Cook the sausage in a large saute pan over medium heat until it just starts to brown. Add the scallions and continue cooking until sausage is fully browned. Stir in the cream cheese, mix well, then remove from the heat.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the sausage mixture.
- Using tongs and a paper towel, apply a coat of olive oil to grill grate prior to cooking to prevent sticking.
- Install the grill grate into the PBC and arrange the mushrooms evenly across the grate, secure the lid, leaving the rods out.
- Cook approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Using tongs, gently remove the mushrooms from the PBC onto a serving platter.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!