Honey Bear Bourbon Cocktail
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 oz honey-sage syrup
- 1 orange peel (garnish)
- 1-2 fresh sage leaves (garnish)
Ingredients to make homemade Honey-Sage Syrup:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 10-15 fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup water
How to make Honey Bear Bourbon Cocktail:
1. Bring water, honey and sage to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Reduce to low and simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off heat and let syrup cool. Take sage leaves out.
3. Once cool, put syrup in container and refrigerate for a couple hours while also adding a few more fresh sage sprigs.
4. In a mixing glass, add bourbon and cooled syrup.
5. Take a glass or mason jar and fill with ice.
5. Add ice to your mixing glass. Stir or she for 30 seconds.
6. Strain contents over your glass filled with ice.
1. Take your orange peel and twist the peel repeatedly over your cocktail. This allows the oils to blend with the drink. Drop the orange peel into the drink while also adding 2 fresh sage leave. If the drink is too strong, just add more syrup.