Bottom Round Roast Beef Sandwiches
Cook Time: 60-75 mins | Desired Temp: 135-145°
*Cook times may vary
2 tbsp. black pepper
2 tsp. salt (omit if dry brining)
2 tbsp. turbinado sugar
2 tbsp. paprika
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1/3 cup fresh parsley
¼ cup fresh thyme
¼ cup fresh rosemary
6 garlic cloves
1 tsp. kosher salt
¼ cup olive oil (approximate, add until paste forms)
3 lb bottom round (or eye of round)
10-12 hoagie or sandwich Rolls
3 bell peppers or hot peppers (or mix)
3 tbsp. butter
Other sauces and toppings
How to make Bottom Round Roast Beef Sandwiches:
- Trim bottom round as needed per preference.
- Light your PBC according to instructions. Recommend adding 2-3 chunks of cherry wood.
- Apply dry rub and let it set and adhere to the beef while you make the herb crust. Apply herb crust by patting onto surface of meat and place on the grill grate in the PBC.
- Prepare toppings. Slice 3 large onions into rings and place in a cast iron with butter. Add salt and pepper to taste and cook in PBC until they are softened and browned. Place bell peppers and hot peppers on grill until softened and browned.
- Remove meat from PBC when reaches desired doneness. I smoked to medium, removed at about 135°, since cooking this cut of meat past medium may result in a tougher result.
- After a rest, slice thinly for sandwiches. Use a meat slicer if you have one, however, it is not necessary.
- Warm sandwich bread or hoagies on PBC while preparing your favorite toppings and sauces.
- Last step is to build the best roast beef sandwich you have ever had! Top the warm bread with the sliced meat, sautéed onions, smoked peppers and additional toppings such as cheese, mushrooms, hot sauce, mustard or horseradish cream sauce! Can be served with fries made in the all-purpose hanger basket!
Thank you Owen Quirk @aweebitquirkybbq for sharing this recipe and beautiful pictures!
If you want a chance to have your recipe featured, please email email@example.com