Cinnamon Crumb Cake Breakfast Fatty
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 60-75 mins | Desired Temp: 160
*Cook times may vary
1 lb ground breakfast sausage
1 box Krusteaz Cinnamon Crumb Cake (will only use ¼ of the finished cake)
1 tbsp. of your favorite rub
1/4 cup of maple syrup & more for serving
- Light your PBC according to instructions.
- Bake the crumb cake according to boxes instructions. Any leftover cake or muffin can be used as a substitute. Once cooled crumble ¼ of the finished cake into little bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Remove sausage and place on plastic wrap. Smash & spread the sausage until it forms a large thin semi-rectangular shape. It is best to work with the sausage when it is very cold.
- Next add your crumbled crumb cake to the center of the sausage sheet, like you’re filling a burrito. Pour the maple syrup over the crumbled cake.
- Carefully roll the sausage around the crumb cake, using the plastic wrap as help. Pinch the sausage closed.
- Next sprinkle all sides with your seasoning. Wrap tight in plastic wrap and foil. Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to help set the shape.
- Remove from the freezer and place in the center of the PBC grill grate. Cook for 1 hour or until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Let rest for 5- 10 minutes. Slice and serve with extra maple syrup.
Thank you Graham Russell @cookingwithcarrrl for sharing this recipe and beautiful pictures with us!
If you want a chance to have your recipe featured, please email firstname.lastname@example.org