Corned Beef with Mixed Vegetables
Cook time: 5 hours | Desired Temp: 205°
*Cook times may vary!
4 lb corned beef
2 large sweet white onions
2 lb baby carrots
32 oz. chicken stock
1-2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1-2 tsp. pickling spices
1-2 tsp. extra granulated garlic
1-2 tsp. onion powder
1-2 tsp. black pepper
How to make Corned Beef with Mixed Vegetables:
- Pick up 4lb pre-packaged raw corned beef.
- Submerge in water for up to 1 hour to remove some of the sodium, or less time for desired taste.
- Remove and pat dry, then with worcestershire sauce lightly coat all surfaces and sprinkle pickling spices, along with extra granulated garlic, onion powder and black pepper to taste (approx 1-2 tsp of each).
- Light your Pit Barrel® according to instructions. Add a fist full of cherry wood chips to your charcoal if desired.
- Cook on Pit Barrel® hinged grill grate, fat side down, for 3 hours and/or internal temperature of approximately 165-170° (145° is safe, but we like the "fall-apart" results from higher temperature).
- Place corned beef in foil pan with chicken stock up to 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up, along with sliced sweet white onions and baby carrots, still with fat side down.
- Place back in Pit Barrel® and cook for another 1.5-2 hrs or until internal temp of 205° and probe tender.
- Rest for 1 hour then DEVOUR!
Thank you Joe Baptista @joseph_rae_bbq_co for sharing this recipe and beautiful pictures with us!
If you want a chance to have your recipe featured, please email firstname.lastname@example.org