Keto Smoked Cajun Deviled Eggs
Cook Time: 30 mins | Desired Temp: none
*Cook times may vary
Ingredients:12 eggs (or extra in case any don’t peel well)
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp. softened butter
2 tsp. creole mustard
2 tsp. yellow mustard
2 tsp. jalapeño dill pickle juice (or your favorite spicy pickle juice)
1-2 dashes of your favorite hot sauce (I used Tabasco)
2 andouille sausage (cooked and sliced)
12 medium shrimp
Salt and Pepper to taste
Olive oil to lightly coat shrimp
Cajun Seasoning (I used “Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning”)
How to make Keto Smoked Cajun Deviled Eggs:
- Hard-boil eggs per your preferred method. I used an Instapot.
- Peel eggs and separate eggs from yolks.
- Add yolks to a mixing bowl.
- Mix mayo, butter, both mustards, pickle juice, hot sauce and salt/pepper in the bowl and set aside in the fridge.
- Lightly coat shrimp with olive oil and add cajun seasoning per preference.
- Cook skewered shrimp in your Pit Barrel Cooker with normal lighting procedure for about 7 minutes.
- Put halved egg yolks on your PBC and smoke for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from PBC and place in the fridge.
- Once cooled, fill or pipe yolk filling into egg whites.
- Sprinkle additional cajun seasoning or paprika on top of the eggs (optional)
- Top half with sausage slices and the other half with cajun shrimp.
- Plate, garnish with green onion or parsley if desire and enjoy!
Thank you Owen Quirk @aweebitquirkybbq for sharing this recipe and beautiful pictures!
If you want a chance to have your recipe featured, please email email@example.com