PBC Apple Galette
Cook Time: 40-60 mins | Desired Temp: none
*Cook times may vary
1 homemade or store-bought pie crust
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp turbinado sugar
1 tsp water
Juice of lemon
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch of sea salt
How to make PBC Apple Galette:
- Roll pie crust to a 9 inch circle on parchment paper.
- Slice apples thinly and toss with lemon and then sugar and cinnamon. Arrange in a spiral pattern leaving 1 1/2 inch border. Fold the pie dough over the top using parchment to help.
- Whisk egg and water and then brush top of dough with egg wash. Sprinkle turbinado sugar on crust.
- Light your PBC according to instructions.
- Trim parchment to fit in PBC or to size of the galette. Slide onto grill grate and cook with one rod out until golden brown, about 40 min - 1 hour.
- Melt butter in sauce pan and brown. Add remaining ingredients off heat. Return to heat and thicken to desired consistency being careful not to burn.
- Drizzle over top of the galette and enjoy.
Thank you Owen Quirk @aweebitquirkybbq for sharing this recipe and beautiful pictures!
If you want a chance to have your recipe featured, please email firstname.lastname@example.org