Pit Barrel® Ratatouille
Cook time: 1-2 hours | Desired Temp: none
*Cook times may vary!
6 roma tomatoes
2 yellow squash
28 oz can of crushed San Marzano tomatoes
2 tsp. olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 red bell pepper, diced
3 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh summer herbs for garnish - Basil, Parsley, Thyme
How to make Pit Barrel® Ratatouille:
- When picking your vegetables, choose eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini and squash with similar diameter to allow for even layering.
- Light your Pit Barrel® according to instructions.
- Slice vegetables evenly, with a mandolin if available. Set aside.
- Sauté onions, peppers and garlic in olive oil until soft. Add crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste along with basil and spices.
- Add mixture to 8 inch cast iron skillet. Layer sliced vegetables in a spiral pattern, starting on the outside and working inward.
- Cook on Pit Barrel® for about 1.5 hours or until the vegetables become tender.
- Garnish with fresh herbs.
Thank you Owen Quirk @aweebitquirkybbq for sharing this recipe and beautiful pictures!
If you want a chance to have your recipe featured, please email email@example.com