Pulled Pork Sliders with Homemade Spicy Pickles
Cook Time: 6-7 hours | Desired Temp: 205°
*Cook times may vary
Ingredients:1 Bone-in pork butt
PBC All-Purpose Rub
12 Hawaiian rolls
Reva Foods Mango Habenero Sauce
Quick Spicy Pickles
6-8 mini cucumbers -sliced
2 sliced jalapeños
1 sliced habanero
2 cups of white vinegar
2 tbsp. coconut sugar
2 tablespoons salt (I used garlic salt because why wouldn’t I)
4 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp Ball Canning mixed pickling spice
How to make Pulled Pork Sliders with Homemade Spicy Pickles:
- Light PBC according to instructions.
- Rub pork butt generously with PBC All-Purpose Rub.
- Cook pork butt until the internal temperature gets to around 165°.
- Pack cucumbers into a jar (regular and wide-mouth Mason-type, threaded, home-canning jars with self-sealing lids are the best choice) with jalapeños, habanero, garlic, and pickling spice.
- In a small saucepan add vinegar, sugar, and salt. Bring to a low boil and cook until sugar dissolves.
- Pour brine into each jar until cucumbers are covered. Cool, cover and store in the refrigerator. Pickles will be ready in 1-2 hours.
- Wrap pork butt with foil and cook until the internal temperature reaches 200-205°.
- Place the pulled pork on Hawaiian rolls and top with spicy pickles and your favorite bbq sauce.
Thank you Brian Robertson @sizzlin_seacow for sharing this recipe and beautiful pictures with us!
If you want a chance to have your recipe featured, please email firstname.lastname@example.org