Smoked Bourbon Caramel Pecans
Cook time: 2 hours | Desired Temp: N/A
*Cook times may vary!
1/4 cup bourbon
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbs. sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbs. orange juice
1 stick salted butter
4 cups pecans
Extra cinnamon and sugar to sprinkle on after roasting.
How to make Pit Barrel Smoked Bourbon Caramel Pecans:
- In a saucepan add the first six ingredients, simmer on med-high heat until thick and caramelized.
- Light Pit Barrel® following normal instructions.
- Remove from heat and gently fold pecans into bourbon caramel.
- Transfer to a Pit Barrel safe pan (cast iron, metal cake pan, etc.) place pecans in Pit Barrel for two hours stirring occasionally.
- Remove from Pit Barrel, sprinkle with additional cinnamon and sugar, enjoy!
Warning, these are deliciously addictive! Enjoy!
Thank you Katie Wiley @thekitchenwild for sharing this recipe and beautiful pictures!