Smoked Salmon Dip
Cook time: 1.5 hours | Desired Temp: 160°
*Cook times may vary!
8 oz salmon filet
2 tbsp. of your favorite fish rub
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp. capers, drained
1/4 tsp. Tabasco
2 tbsp. fresh chopped dill
2 tbsp. fresh chopped chives
1/4 cup chopped baby red/yellow bell peppers
1/8 cup of chopped red onion
Garnish1 dozen sliced hard-boiled egg
1 curled green onion sprig (slice the onion in strips and add to cold water till they curl)
1 box of favorite cracker
2 tbsp. whole grain mustard
Baby red/yellow bell pepper rings
How to make Smoked Salmon Dip:
- Light PBC according to instructions.
- Drizzle salmon with lemon juice and rub with seasoning.
- Smoke your salmon with a fruitwood chunk on your PBC until internal temperature reaches 160°.
- Let cool and chop roughly.
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, capers, 1/2 of the smoked salmon and Tabasco in a food processor or hand blender. Pulse until blended.
- Add the rest of the chopped salmon, dill and chives and fold with a spatula, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary, until the salmon is incorporated.
- Taste and add extra rub if necessary (I usually add about1/4 teaspoon, but it depends on the saltiness of the smoked salmon).
- Serve as a dip with crackers, plate as Hors d'oeuvres or as a bagel spread.