Smoked Tri-tip with Jalapeño Chimichurri
Cook Time: 1 ½ - 2 hours | Desired Temp: 135°
*Cook times may vary
3 lb tri-tip
4 gloves garlic
1 cup parsley
2 tbsp. oregano
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/4 cup Trader Joes’s Harvest Grains Blend
1 tbsp. butter
1 3/4 cup water
1 lb aspargus
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. garlic salt
How to make Smoked Tri-tip with Jalapeño Chimichurri:
- Light your PBC according to instructions.
- Place hooks in the larger end of the trip-tip and hang in the PBC using the hinged grate.
- Combine all ingredients for jalapeño chimichurri (except olive oil) in food processor and pulse.
- In a small bowl mix the pulsed ingredients with olive oil and let rest for 10-20 min.
- For Harvest Grains Blend bring water to boil, add butter and stir in harvest grains mix. Reduce heat and simmer fir 10 minutes.
- Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and garlic salt. Place seasoned asparagus on hinged grate when the tri-tip is getting close. Cook 10-20 until preferred doneness.
- Remove tri-tip when internal temperature reaches 127°.
- Sear tri-tip on cast until internal temperature reaches 135-137°.
- Let rest for 15 min before serving.
Thank you Brian Robertson @sizzlin_seacow for sharing this recipe and beautiful pictures with us!
If you want a chance to have your recipe featured, please email firstname.lastname@example.org