Tri-tip with Romesco sauce
Cook Time: 45 min | Desired Temp: 125°
*Cook times may vary
Two 3 lb. beef tri-tip roast
PBC Beef & Game Pit Rub
8 oz jar marinated red peppers (or 3 fresh peppers (capsicum), smoked on PBC, skinned and deseeded)
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
2 tomatoes. Skinned and deseeded
2 tbsp. chopped flat leaf parsley
2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
½ lemon, juiced
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
How to make Trip-tip with Romesco sauce:
- Light PBC according to instructions.
- Grill peppers (omit this step if you're using pre-marinated red peppers) until tender.
- Mix peppers, tomato, parsley, almonds, garlic, lemon juice, sherry vinegar, cayenne, salt, and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. With the blender running, gently pour in the olive oil. Set aside to rest.
- Remove the tri-tip from the package, let rest until room temperature, and coat all sides liberally with the Beef & Game Pit Rub.
- Place one hook through the center of the wide end of each roast (about 2-3 inches from the end).
- Hang the roasts from the rods in the PBC, leaving space between each, and secure the lid.
- Cook approximately 45 minutes, or until the center of the thickest part of each roast reaches the appropriate internal temperature for your desired doneness (125º for medium-rare).
- Remove the roasts from the PBC, and the hooks from the tri-tip and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Cut across the grain into ¼ to ½ inch slices, serve with the sauce separately and enjoy!
The Romesco is a wonderful sauce and goes superbly with any grilled meat or fish.