Vietnamese Style Chicken
Cook time: 2-2.5 hours | Desired Temp: 165°
*Cook times may vary!
Ingredients:2 whole chickens, halve
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup fish sauce
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 tbs grated fresh ginger
5 tsp sambal oelek
3 limes, juiced
2 limes, zest
7 medium cloves garlic, minced
4 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
4 tbsp. chopped lemongrass
2 Fresno Chili Peppers, sliced
2 Thai chili peppers
4 tbsp. olive oil
Limes and cilantro, for garnish
How to make Vietnamese Style Chicken:
- Mix all marinade ingredients (except lime juice) and add to large plastic sealable bags with chicken to marinate overnight.
- Add lime juice 2 - 3 hours prior to cooking.
- Light PBC according to instructions.
- Hang chicken halves until the internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Remove from Pit Barrel Cooker and garnish with lime wedges and fresh chopped cilantro.
Thank you Owen Quirk @aweebitquirkybbq for sharing this recipe and beautiful pictures!
If you want a chance to have your recipe featured, please email firstname.lastname@example.org