Whole Rainbow Trout
Cook time: 30 min | Desired Temp: 135-145°
*Cook times may vary
1 whole fennel bulb
1 bunch flat-leaf parslet
How to make Whole Rainbow Trout:
- Light Pit Barrel® according to instructions. Then take out rods to increase heat in the barrel.
- Gut the rainbow trout. Can also remove fins and head if desired,
- Stuff with 3 lemon slices, a bunch of flat-leaf parsley, lemon thyme, and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil in the button of the cast iron.
- Cut a whole fennel bulb into circular slice and add it on top of the olive oil in the cast iron. You can also add some lemon slices if you desire.
- Arrange fishtail to head on top of fennel bed and add vine tomatoes in the middle.
- Place cast iron in the middle of the Pit Barrel®. Crack the lid a little to make it extra hot. Cook for approximately 20min or until the rainbow trout reaches 135-145º.
- If desired, garnish with garlic, lemon thyme and parsley oil for the remaining 5 min of the cook.