Cleaning & Maintenance
Take the PBC to the next level!
Use these must-have accessories to get a perfect cook, every time! For the ultimate PBC experience
we recommend the following items:
18.5" PBC Custom Fit Cover
18.5" PBC Ash Pan
Tips & Tricks
- Protect your PBC from the elements with a custom Pit Barrel® cover, available in the SHOP.
- It’s easy to remove the ashes from the PBC before or after each cook using one four methods:
1. Simply lift and dump the ashes into a heat-resistant container.
2. Scoop the ashes out with a dustpan.
3. Line the bottom of the PBC with a sheet of tinfoil prior to setting the coal basket into place. Lift and remove the ashes after they’ve cooled.
4. Use our Attachable Ash Pan to catch the ashes for the easiest removal.
IMPORTANT: WAIT UNTIL THE ASHES HAVE COMPLETELY COOLED BEFORE REMOVING AND PROPERLY DISPOSING OF THEM.
- After continued use, you may notice a buildup on the inside of the barrel. It’s not peeling paint, but is called a “Seasoned Drum” and is normal and not harmful.
- While the PBC is hot, use a damp rag to wipe it down and easily remove and dirt and smudges.