Leg of Lamb
Print This Recipe
Cook Time: 1.5-2 Hours | Minimum Temp: 130º
*Cook times may vary
- 10+ lb. bone-in (preferred) or boneless Leg of Lamb
- PBC Beef & Game Pit Rub
- Rosemary for garnish
- Cordless drill (optional)
- Light your Pit Barrel® Cooker (PBC) according to the instructions.
- If present, french the bone by removing the meat and expose 3-6 inches of bone.
- If desired, use a drill to make a 1/4″ hole at a 45° angle close to but not touching the meat.
- Generously coat both sides of the lamb with PBC Beef and Game Rub.
- Place one hook through the hole in the bone, or if there’s no hole or using a boneless roast, insert two hooks through the meat.
- Hang leg of lamb from rods in the PBC.
- Cook for approximately 1.5-2 hours until meat reaches an internal temperature of 130° (shown using the ThermoWorks ChefAlarm®).
- Remove lamb from the PBC, tent with foil, and let it rest for around 20 minutes.
- Carve the meat against the grain and garnish with rosemary.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!