Tomahawk Rib Eye
Print This Recipe
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes | Recommended Temp: 120°-125° F
*Cook times may vary based on thickness and desired internal temperature, and other factors
- Tomahawk Rib Eye Steaks
- PBC Beef & Game Pit Rub
- Using a drill, make a 1/4″-3/8″ hole near the end of each bone at a 45° angle.
- Light your Pit Barrel® Cooker (PBC) according to the instructions.
- Coat the Tomahawk(s) liberally with Pit Barrel® Beef & Game Pit Rub.
- Place the hook(s) through the drilled hole(s), and hang in your Pit Barrel®.
- Offset the lid of your Pit Barrel® about 1/4″ to increase heat.
- Monitor the temperature of the meat (we recommend the ThermoWorks Smoke). Cook times will vary based on thickness and desired internal temperature. We recommend 120°-125° F for a nice medium rare
- Once the desired temperature is reached, or just before, remove the tomahawks from your Pit Barrel® and allow to rest for approximately 10 minutes.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!