Take this recipe to the next level!
Use these must-have accessories to get a perfect cook, every time! For this recipe, the following
items are recommended to take your cookout to the next level.
Print This Recipe
Cook Time: 10-15 Mins | Desired Temp: 125º
*Cook times may vary
- 1-8 Top Sirloin steaks
- Lemon juice, about 1/2 lemon per pound of steak
- PBC Beef & Game Pit Rub, about 3 tsp per pound of steak
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the steaks, a liberal amount of Beef & Game Pit Rub and enough lemon juice to sufficiently marinate the meat.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate at least an hour, or as long as 24 hours to allow the steaks to marinate.
- Light your Pit Barrel® Cooker according to instructions and install the grill grate.
Remove the steaks from the marinade, pat dry with paper towels and apply a light coat of Beef & Game Pit Rub to both sides of each steak. Tip: Using tongs and a paper towel, apply a coat of olive oil to grill grate prior to cooking to prevent sticking.
- Place the steaks on the grill grate and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until the steak reaches the appropriate internal temperature for your desired doneness (125° for medium-rare). Tips: To help nail the perfect temperature each time we recommend the outstanding thermometers from ThermoWorks.
Depending on the desired sear, you can cook with the lid completely on, cracked, or completely off. Note that more airflow will increase the heat and require less cooking time
- Remove the steaks from the PBC and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!